Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Curtain / Drapery Rods and Hardware

Who said you have to pay a lot for window hardware?  Not me, as a matter of fact the majority of my curtains rods are actually unfinished dowel rods that I have purchased at Home Depot.  I have found dowel rods up to 12 foot long at a locally owned hardware store.  With a handy can of spray, be it white or brown, you can achieve a decorative rod for a whole lot less. 


The brackets and finials can be purchased at Hobby Lobby.  When catching them on sale or using their 40% off coupon, you can recieve additional savings. 






The hardware in my kitchen window came from Goodwill for $2.  It was way too long but just removing the finial cut off the access length and I had a really nice rod.  If you're a garage saler like me, you can also find them there.  Even if I don't need them right then, if the price is right, I get them.  Just use that spray paint to match up the decor! 

Dowel rod w/brackets and finials from Hobby Lobby
Stained with varnish, not spray painted

Don't go too skimpy on the diameter of the pole.  Your window treatment will look better if you have the right hardware especially if you have draperies to the floor.  A good size pole and finials will make any curtain or drapery look better. 


So what have we learned today?  Hang those curtains a little higher and use rods with a little substance to them.  What tips do you have for window treatments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~