Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dining by Vintage Music

We recently celebrated my son's 17th birthday using this tablescape.  He loves all things old including his collection of radios.  I selected one of his oldest radios to display.  It was a little to large to set in the middle of the table so I moved it to the end. I wanted to display more than one but the others were all too large.


 I used some old vinyl records as chargers accompanied by basic white plates and black flatware.  I had to restrain myself from making a table with a lot of sparkle.  I wanted to pick up on the shiny records BUT my son likes things old so I tried to stay that route.   




Happy Tablescaping and please check out more at Between Naps on the Porch.

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea -- so personalized for your son! You get the credit for rearing a son who prizes old things, too! Love the black and white checks with the records as placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute theme - he must have loved the effort you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday table for a teen! Love the old radio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to personalize his birthday! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that you would do this special table for your son that includes things HE loves! I'm sure he enjoyed sitting at it to celebrate his birthday as much as you did creating it! He'll be old enough to vote next birthday, but this year he can still vote you Mom of the Year for your efforts! I have a radio that my Grandfather bought back in the 1920s. I keep saying I am going to have the cord switched out on it and have it tinkered with so that it will be more than a mere conversation piece! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments. I did keep wanting to go more rock 'n roll with it but I restrained myself and concentrated on what he would want.

      Delete
  6. My husband has more than 3000 45 RPM's, every Billboard charted hit from 1949 to 1968. He would absolutely love your table. You've given me some great ideas. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, my son would think he had died and gone to heaven! He has several record players, old and reproductions, that he plays music on. He loves mostly older music, country, jazz, blues, etc. Thank you for stopping by and be sure to come again!

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~