Friday, February 3, 2012

Products I Can't Live Without

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for an impromptu linky party entitled "Products I can't live without."

I LOVE my flat iron!  My hair is thick and is prone to frizz.  I always kept my hair style short until about 5 years when my hairdresser told me to get a flat iron. I had purchased one before from Walmart but was not impressed at all.  But this time
I went to my local beauty supply shop.  Let me tell you, once you buy a professional hair styling tool, you will not go back to a department store brand.  The blow dryers dry hair faster, the flat irons straighten hair quicker, and the curling irons curl hair faster.  Definitely worth paying a little extra for these babies.


Parchment paper has saved my life, well maybe not by life but my sanity.  Before I would have to stand over my gas stove to make sure cookies didn't brown too much on the bottom before they were even done.  Now that I used parchment paper, my cookies come out perfect every time.  I can even save time by lining
another pan and putting the dough on it, waiting for the first batch to cook.  Once the first batch is done, I just slide cookies and parchment onto a cooling rack.  The second batch can go in immediately.


For such an inexpensive cleaning tool, the Magic Eraser packs quite a punch.  My nephew recently went to college and his tub had stains in it he couldn't get out.  Both he and his roommates had scrubbed and scrubbed.  I recommended that he get one and now he has a clean tub!



Our home has a metal roof, which I love, but when it is stormy outside, it can get loud upstairs.  If a storm comes through and wakes me up, I just use my ear plugs and get a good night's sleep. 




My husband is a carpenter and my teenage son also has every tool known to man but if I need a hammer, there is never one to be found.  My son solved this problem by giving me a zebra striped hammer for Christmas.  I don't see him or my husband taking a zebra hammer so I think it's safe to say I'll be able to find one now.




I have measuring tapes everywhere!  I'm always needing to measure something.  I also keep a cloth one, like a tailor's measuring tape in my purse.  I use to keep a small metal one in it but my purse was getting too heavy so I switched to this
to lighten my load.  I usually measure furniture that I find a garage sales, antique stores, etc.


So, these are just a few of my favorite things that I can't live without.  Click on this link and check out the other great ideas.  I've found a few more that I'll be adding to my list as well.

5 comments:

  1. I don't use parchment paper, but I use a Silpat (silicone baking mat) on my baking sheets. Amazing! Works for cookies, fish, chicken, veggies, anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen those but never tried them. I might need to because that will be more cost effective in the long run. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your list. I like your tip about putting parchment paper on the next cookie sheet to go in the oven and sliding the other one on the cooling rack. Now why didn't I think of that? I just discovered the Magic Eraser a few months ago, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, It definitely saves time and down here in Louisiana it keeps from having the oven heating up the house for longer periods of time. Thank you for becoming a follower, I'm heading over the check out your blog.

      Delete
  3. Great list! I used parchment all the time and think it is the best thing ever. I hid my own hammer -- it seems to be the only solution -- in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~