Monday, July 23, 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is

 

SAM_4936

Typeset letters and a sunburst style mirror is what I used for my latest living room update! 

This past weekend we went to Fort Morgan, Alabama!  Unfortunately, it rained most of the time but I found a way to entertain myself.  Old Time Pottery!!!  I’ve only been able to go there a few times since we don’t leave anywhere near one.  I picked up some letters to do a project that I’ve had on my mind for awhile.  My daughter had this mirror in her room and decided it didn’t fit her décor anymore so out it went!  I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it but didn’t know where I wanted to put it.

SAM_4933

I saw a picture in a Ballard Designs catalog where they used their typeset letters and a sunburst style mirror as the “O.”  I recently took down the picture I had hanging over the piano and replaced it with a mirror.  There was already a nail on the wall so I just hung the mirror there to see if I like it.  It was lower than I would have put it but I really liked it.  It just seemed to be a little bare over it and I thought of the “HOME” art work!

SAM_4934

I picked up the letters at Old Time Pottery for $2 each!  Now, my dilemma is, do I paint the letters? or do I paint the mirror?  or do I leave it the way it is?  What do you think?  Help me out here now.

I like hanging mirrors opposite windows to help reflect light back into the room.  This one is opposite the french doors going out onto the screen porch.  It helps to brighten up this area a little.

SAM_4948

This painting is a recent yard sale find for $10.  I love the blue!

SAM_4942

So whatca think?  Should I or shouldn’t I paint?  If you like the lettered art work, check out my EAT art in the kitchen!

Sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here

Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

13 comments:

  1. I like um how they are!:) They pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it just the way it is. Looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and joined. I hope you will join me too for my stories about farm life and much more. By the way love what you did with that clock and the outdoor fireplace, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely would not paint the letters.....I actually love the way it is and how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like the letters the way they are. They stand out instead of blending in with the wall.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them as you show them also. Great conversation piece. This is the third time this week I have seen Old Time Pottery mentioned and I have never heard of it before. Sounds like a fabulous place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a windberg print??? wow what a deal if it is. Reminds me of his Bluebonnets. Love your copy of Ballard's. It's hard to say, but I might paint the letters the darker color of the clock.. But you'd never know how it would look until you did it.. so what if you didn't like it? You see where I'm going? What if you got some construction/scrapbook paper and traced the letters and cut them out.. then you could decide more easily.. Great redo.. Love the looks. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a GREAT idea with that mirror! truly unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this! It turned great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I like the way the letters look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't often like words on walls but this is an exception. It looks great, especially above the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy's blog! You are invited to join the party by linking up anything related to making your space a better place for you and your loved ones. Please join us at Making Space Mondays at www.debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com. Link up starting at 9:00 (central time) tonight. Hope to see you there! -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~