Friday, July 6, 2012

Master Bath with Exotic Touches


master2
This week at Kelly’s Korner, it’s all about bathrooms.  I shared my powder room a few weeks ago but decided to share some old pics of our master bath.  The pics are from 2008 but the room hasn’t changed since then!  I’ve been so busy getting ready for the 4th that I didn’t have time to take more.
We had the mirror cut to run the length of the vanity with two holes for the lights.  Tim trimmed out the mirror and I added the little medallion.  I purchased the two lights from ebay to match the chandelier over the tub.  The 2 glass canisters on the counter house the toothbrushes and drinking cup.
master1
I found this chandelier at a garage sale for $5.  It is antique brass with glass crystals.  Now that I’m looking at the pic, I have changed the large candle stick on the side of the tub.  It’s now painted black.  The window is draped with a window scarf and layered with a gold sheer.  I added the eyelash trim to the ends.
master5
Here’s a close up of the rug.  I purchased this from Home Depot.  I don’t know if they still carry it though. 
master3
The leopard shade was a clearance purchase from Walmart for $3.  I added the eyelash trim.  I like how it brings out the leopard accents in the pictures which were from Hobby Lobby.
master4
This is still one of my favorite little pieces, a vintage window frame.  I added cast iron robe hooks, also from Hobby Lobby.  The chippy white frame accents the walls, which are painted Old Gold by Laura Ashley.
Thanks for stopping by!

Sharing with:
Show Us Your Bathrooms @ Thrifty Decor Chick
Show Us Your Life @ Kelly’s Korner
Inspiration Friday at the picket fence
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello

6 comments:

  1. Love the lamp & the vintage window frame!! I never find cute stuff like that! (Over from KK- SUYL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trim around the mirror is so cute! I like the paint color and your cut $5 chandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bathroom. I love the rug! Blessings, Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love your master bath. I really like the exotic theme too. It looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vintage window frame is awesome indeed!!! I also love the tub area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the way you trimmed out the mirror Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~