Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pottery Barn Inspired Candle Holders

 

SAM_4506

How do you like my Pottery Barn inspired candle holders?  Ever since I saw the following ad, I knew I wanted to do this.

potterybarn

This is what I started with….

SAM_4238

All of these were garage sale finds just sitting in the storage shed.  I made my homemade chalk using 2/3 cup plaster of paris, 1/3 cup of water and 1 cup of red semi gloss paint.  The large candlestick is wood, the 2 smaller are ceramic and the black elevated tray is metal.  I applied several coats allowing it to dry completely between each coat.

SAM_4500

The red was still too light and almost pinky looking to me so I dry brush some brown craft paint over it.  That did the trick!

SAM_4505

Here’s a look with the candles lit!  Not bad for a couple of dollars!

Sharing with:

Thrifty Finds @ Southern Hospitality

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Tuesdays Treasures @ Coastal Charm

Swing into Spring Party @ DIY by Design
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

5 comments:

  1. They look great, I like them better than the PB ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great.. better than PB for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the homemade chalk paint??? Your candles look great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~