Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Dishes!

 

SAM_5600

 

Okay, I know I said I wasn’t going to buy anymore dishes but I just couldn’t help myself!  We were at the auction and they were selling the box deals and I saw these dishes but I restrained myself.  Then, after no one bided on them, they were just sitting there looking so pretty!  After the outside bidding was over, I approached the lady taking care of the tickets and told her that I wanted them for $3!

 

SAM_5603

 

They aren’t expensive dishes but they are pretty dishes!  The bee caught my eye first then I noticed the dragonflies and butterflies.

 

SAM_5604

 

There’s even a lady bug on the stem of the flower.

 

SAM_5606

 

Even the cup and saucers are nicely detailed.  Then the next day, I went to a yard sale benefitting the animal shelter.

 

SAM_5613

 

And that’s were I found these!  Seven dessert plates for $2!

 

SAM_5610

 

I love the pink and brown!  Who could resist chocolate?

 

SAM_5615

 

I know these are just your basic dishes. But for $4, still in the box, I just couldn’t pass them by!  They are a deep red in color and I have already used them in a couple of tablescapes such as this one and the Harvest table.  I’ve also found that I use basic dishes in tablescapes more than the prettier decorative ones.

 

SAM_5623

 

They matched my vintage tablecloth perfectly!  I am having visions of tablescapes in my head!

 

Total amount spend (on dishes!!) $9!  Not bad, huh?

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Sharing with:

Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

5 comments:

  1. Who can ever resist dishes. I am the proud owner of more than 13 sets of dishes. That is not including the odds and ends I just had to get!!!
    Some I inherited, some I bought... but I luv 'em all. :-) Yours a beautiful.... sigh. Staring at the ones with the dragonfly, and the bee.. adorable!!
    Thanks for sharing .
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally dishes envious!! OMG!! All those lovely dishes for $9, I don't think I would stop the buying with such bargains either, my friend!!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous; gotta find those auctions you attend!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got some great deals on those!! I'm sure you're making big plans for future tablescapes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like we share the same passion and addiction for pretty plates. They were just too beautiful to pass up. Glad that you bought them and for an amazing price. Enjoy in good health. I am sure you will get lots of use out of them.

    Please see my recent find of blue and white dishes...

    http://rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-new-blue-and-white-china.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~