Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Look Back at 2012

 
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!  I haven't been blogging too much the last couple of weeks and am running behind.  I saw the party going on over at Southern Hospitality and wanted to join in. 
 
 Even though we installed the pool in 2011, this year saw plenty more changes to the back yard!  The tiki hut was added and is a favorite among visitors!
 
 
The smaller water feature was taken out to make room for this larger waterfall.  I love the sound of the water!
 
 
 
 
After years of trying to do something with the back porch, I am very satisfied with our back porch paradise!
 
 
This is one of my favorite spots, the hammock!  I see Savvy is taking advantage of this comfortable space and doing a little reading!
 
 
 
 
The front porch also got a make over! The vintage glider was FINALLY redone after years of being draped with a quilt!
 
 
 
No more rockers lined up in a row here!
 
 
Back inside, the Ballard Designs inspired seagrass lamp turned out great and was so simple to make!  It's one of my most favorite pieces!
 
 
In May, a little town about 15 miles from our home, opened a Goodwill store.  Every time I happen to be in town, I stop in.  I picked up these two chairs during one trip.  They were the perfect size for the breakfast area and after a little chalk paint and wax, they looked perfect, too! 
 
I've already started planning on some projects for 2013.  Since the front and back porches received their makeover in 2012, it's only right that the side porch gets one too!  Weather permitting, I hope to get it finished by the end of January.  The screened porch is also getting a makeover which has already started!  Windows have been installed and it's being made into a sun room!  I can't wait to share that one with you once it's done!
 
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
 
Top DIY Projects of 2012 @ Southern Hospitality
Inspiration Friday at the Picket Fence
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home


Pin It
 

7 comments:

  1. Your backyard is beautiful! Definitely a paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy all your projects turned out wonderful!! Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, you and your husband never cease to amaze me! That pool is the one post that got me thinking y'all are brilliant. My husband read it and totally agrees with me. I wish you had UTube of how that all happened to work. I mean had y'all heard of anyone in the world moving an in-ground pool? Love everything you have shown us this year. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us. Happy New Year, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, all your projects for this year were just wonderful! Your backyard is just amazing. Thank you for all the inspiration and I am looking forward to being inspired in 2013 by your gorgeous projects and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy your projects are amazing! LOVE your backyard!Best wishes in the coming year!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You project were all great and I love th water features. Can't wait to see what you are up to in 2013.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~