Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Open House 2012


A Walk in the Countryside: Spiced Champagne Punch
This past week was our annual Christmas Open House party.  There was plenty of food and beverages to be had by all!  I was kind of busy so I handed my daughter the camera and told her to get pictures of everything!  Well, she didn’t!  She got side tracked so I don’t have as many pictures as I had hoped.  The one that I really wished she would have taken was of the table with the punchbowl!  Oh, well!  On the other goodies!
A Walk in the Countryside - Spiced Champagne Punch
This is the second year that I have served spiced champagne punch.  I got the fabulous recipe from Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch.  For this delicious recipe, click here.  I used a relish dish to hold the liquor and the red/green sugar crystals that were used to prepare the glasses.  It worked perfectly!
A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Beverage Station
The dispenser is currently holding 3 batches of the punch.
A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Open House Buffet
For the buffet, I chose a white tablecloth with a couple of yards of sparkly red tulle in the middle.  Topping that is a faux sugared fruit arrangement surrounded by various candleholders.
A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Buffet
The menu consisted of sliced ham with buns, vegetable tray, lil smokies appetizers and deviled eggs.
A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Buffet
Shrimp dip and spinach dip with chips and crackers were a big hit. Desserts included peanut butter fudge, sugar cookies, mini cheesecakes, and red velvet cupcakes.
Now that the party is over, I’m going to sit back and enjoy the rest of the Holiday season….at least until I host Christmas Dinner!!!  That won’t be quite as bad since all I have to cook is the turkey and dressing.  The other family members contribute by bringing side dishes and desserts!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Let’s Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

10 comments:

  1. My invitation must have been lost in the mail! It's beautiful, Tammy! Did you do all the food? It looks delicious!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Tammy!

    That dispenser for the punch is beautiful too!

    xo
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those canisters for liquid, yours is just great. Everything looks lovely.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a spread! Your menu sounded delicious and the food was beautifully arranged! I think I need to try that punch recipe -- and it's such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we have to do everything? I feel your pain. At my mom's 70th birthday party, I gave the camera to my daughter and had the same results you had! Too funny! The pictures your daughter did take are absolutely beautiful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Don't you love an open house? I think it is my favorite get together of the year. Your decor is beautiful and the food looks delish....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, all that food looks delicious...and the punch sounds yummy. Sorry your daughter got distracted before she got all the photos you wanted...Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a wonderful party!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a spread, Tammy! Thank goodness you don't have to do the entire Christmas dinner, too! (Doing the turkey and dressing is a huge deal, though!) If there's one thing I have learned (the hard way!), it is that other people don't always see (and therefore capture on the camera!) the details of my tables and rooms!!! It's not their fault since they're not in my head when I'm setting it all up, but I sure have missed out on some great photo ops. It's like you almost have to make a list so they don't miss the minutiae! The pictures she did get, though, are great! Beautiful job...both of you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The table is ready, I'd love to dig in to those sumptous meal, looks really delightful!
    How I wish I could be there to join, LOL, just kidding.
    Great table setting for the holiday, nice Christmas table decorations and the dishes looks so sumptous.
    Merry Christmas, have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~