Saturday, December 29, 2012

Room Makeovers in 2012

 

Earlier this week I did a post entitled “A look back at 2012.”  I should have titled it, Most Viewed Posts of 2012.  After it was up and running, I realized that there were not one but two major changes inside our home that were not even listed.

 

 

The first being the new china closet!  This room has been well used this year and a whole lot more dishes have been added!  Before it was more of a utility room, then old cabinets were re-cycled to what you see above.  To see more, click here.

 

 

I just love having all this room just for my dishes and other table top items!

 

 

The ironing board comes in handy, too!

 

 

Next up, is our home office and craft area. Once again, the cabinets were re-used from a remodeling job that my husband did.  I was able to not only display but use all the old locker bins for storage!  To read more about the bins, click here.

 

The organization wall helps me keep track of everything, somewhat at least…..when I stop long enough to look at it!  The vintage printer tray that I found in the trash is up stop followed by the dry erase calendar that I made.  At the bottom is the Pottery Barn knock off wall organizer that I made.  Click here to read more about that.

 

 

In Part 2, I shared the balustrade table which is on the other side of the office.  It was rescued from a house that was being bulldozed after a fire.  To read more, click here.

 

 

Did you get a lot of projects completed in 2012?  I was actually surprised once I looked back!  I wonder what’s in store for 2013?

 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a safe and Happy New Year!

 

Sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Tuesday's Treasures @ Myuncommon slice of suburbia

Share Your Creations Party @ Kristen's Creations

Tuesday  Your Cozy Home Party @ Cozy Home Scenes     

Cowgirl Up Party @ The Farmhouse Porch

Winter Party @ DIY by Design

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

8 comments:


  1. Let me first start by saying.... YOU have a beautiful home.. I am Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl and I love your blog... YOUR newest follower.. Check out my blog anytime...WOULD love to have you .. The blessing of all of it ...Is making new friends......... I LOVED everything.. I will be here alot ................ HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really sis accomplish a lot this year! I love your china cabinet and I so wish our office were this well organized! Food for thought! lol!

    Happy New Year, Tammy!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformations Tammy! I enjoyed looking back on these past posts! Best wishes in the coming year!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely home....I . love following your blog and all your creativity. Happy New Year! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a LOT done this year, Tammy!!! I am still just lovin' that china closet!!! I wish I could get Ramon to get on board with all the projects I want to do. He just drags his little feet...and it's makin' me nuts!!! :-) Have a beautiful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, You added great storage to your home. I love the balustrade table and I am headed over to read more about it. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and Happy 2013.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so envious of your china closet. I have a small one that is on my 2013 list to reorganize...thanks for the motivation to get going on it! The ironing board is genius!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that china cabinet! What a fun way to add additional storage!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~