Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Bible Study - Mercy

 
 
 
Hello, everyone!  I must apologize for not having my normal Sunday Bible Study post up.  I have been having sinus headeaches and eye problems!  My concentration is ZIP!  Hopefully, I will be back on track by next Sunday but I wanted to share something with you that I found in Thru the Bible with J. Vernon McGee.  Proverbs 3:3, states "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee; bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart."  This is his response....
 
""Mercy" is loving kindness.  The Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.  What is loving kindness?  It is grace; it is more than kindness.  The teacher asked a little girl the difference between kindness and loving-kindness.  The little girl answered, "Well, if you go in and ask your mama for a piece of bread with some butter on it, and she gives it to you, that's kindness.  But, if she puts a little jam on it without your asking her, that is loving kindness."  My friend, God puts a little jam on it for us - loving kindness and truth, let not these forsake thee: "bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart."
 
Do you have mercy?
 
Have a blessed week,
 
Tammy
 
Source:
 
Thru the Bible with J. Vernon McGee
 
Sharing with:
 
Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~