Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sweet Chocolate Birthday Table

 

chocolate kisses

 

A couple of week’s ago, Savvy turned 16 years old!  I asked her how she wanted to celebrate and she chose to have a family dinner.  Can you imagine a teenager turning down a party?

 

floral arrangement

 

She couldn’t even decide on a theme!  So I picked up a pretty bouquet of flowers and just kind of went from there!

 

floral centerpiece

 

I arranged them in this deep rose vase that I found at a yard sale last summer.  I placed it, along with the 4 votive holders, on an oblong silver tray for the centerpiece.

 

chocolate kisses tablescape

 

The place setting started out with a white round placemat from the Dollar Tree.  It’s topped with a silver tray, which is either from Goodwill or a yard sale.  I’ve been collecting this size to use as plate chargers.  The green dinner plate is from the Dollar Tree and the smaller white dinner plate is vintage Buffalo China, which was in a $3 box deal from the auction.  Topping it all off, are the “chocolate” salad plates.  I purchased them at a yard sale last summer but I have seen them, or one’s similar, at the Dollar General Store.  I used pink napkins to pick up the color of the dots on the plate.

 

chocolate dessert plates

 

I chose the 1960’s Danish Modern flatware because the details on it mimics the design on the salad plates.  To read more about that thrifty find, click here.

 

chocolate kisses - flatware

 

Well, maybe not exactly, but close enough!  The brown or “chocolate” handles fits in perfectly!

 

chocolate kisses tablescape

 

Clear iced tea glasses and pink wine glasses complete the table.  No, she isn’t getting any wine…maybe water!! 

 

 

What she is getting, is chicken pot pie!  Yep, that was this year’s request.  She loves it and wanted me to make 4 batches but I trimmed it down to 3!  She wanted to make sure we had leftovers!  To see the recipe, click here.

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

Sharing with:

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters

Open House @ No Minimalist Here

Let’s Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Thrifty & Vintage Finds @ Dagmar's Home

15 comments:

  1. Your dishes are so so sweet, love the chocolate ones and everything looks perfect with the flatware, love the way you layered the dishes and the floral arrangement fits the setting so well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so nice! I love the individual stories about the dishes! Yummy recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dishes, specially the brown choc. ones, they're so cute! Beautiful floral arrangement...maybe your teenager likes tablescaping like we do, so she thought of an elegant dinner party, which Savvy mama will certainly proportioned for her, right away! Happy birthday sweet 16!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR TABLE SETTING .. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.. YOUR SO GOOD TO YOUR READERS..ITS ALWAYS WONDERFUL... HUGS AND MANY BLESSINGS WISHED YOUR WAY MY SWEET FRIEND

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a striking and beautiful tablescape...You did a wonderful job!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammmy, the table is lovely! Love the flatware! That chicken pot pie looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a really good birthday party..good choice on the chicken pot pie..one of my favorites...love your table..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Sweet Sixteen, Miss Savvy!!! Wow! Sixteen! What a magical age! I am thrilled that she chose to spend time with her family to celebrate it!!!

    Writing on my "Things To Do To Get Into Trouble" list: stop by Dollar General to find those cool plates!!!!!!!! I would buy every single one in the store!!! They would be great for a dessert party! I don't care for chocolate the taste, but I LOVE chocolate as a color! And paired with pink....girl, that's when you've got somethin' really goin' on!!! I like the touches of green, too, and the silver charger gives it a little touch of elegance. Oo la la!!!

    That flatware looks SO familiar!!! I am almost positive my Mom had that flatware years ago! I will have to show her the picture and see if she recognizes it. Great pick because it really DOES complement the plate design!!!

    What a wonderful way to celebrate a milestone birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your setting is so delectable Tammy!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one! The choice of that flatware is absolutely perfect. It looks like additional bars of chocolate. My sister would love this. I need to make sure she sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Tammy! Love your sweet table and a happy birthday to your gal! Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love this cute table...you did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~