Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thrifty Chalkboard Frames


4th of July Beverage Station
 
This past January, I purchased about 16 of these little frames from the Dollar General.
 
chalkboard easels
 
I think they were originally $1 a piece but, in January, they were marked down to 4 /$1!  They were the perfect size for little chalkboards and it was a perfect craft for my 10 year niece!  Savvy is babysitting her this summer and she gets bored quickly so I let her paint them!
 
chalkboard easels
 
I covered the countertop, gave her a sponge brush and let her at it!  It kept her occupied for awhile!
 
4th of July Beverage Station
 
I used one here for the water dispenser at our 4th of July party!  Have you done anything with chalkboard paint lately?
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Scoop Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch
Tuesdays at Our Home @ Our Home Away From Home
Show Me What Ya Got @ Not JUST A Housewife
Project Inspired @ Artsy Chicks Rule
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Fabulously Creative Party @ Jennifer Rizzo
Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Tips, Tutorials, & Tidbits @ StoneGable
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Share Your Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Seasonal Sunday @ The Tablescaper
The Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn

5 comments:

  1. I've never used chalkboard paint -- but I have thought about it! Does that count? LOL! That was a great deal on those little frames, and a cute idea for using them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to try chalkboard paint, this is such a cute idea. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you liked my sewing/harlequin table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea!Great for entertaining!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~