Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Open House 2013

 

christmas open house

 

The Christmas Open House was a success!  There were only a few bumps in the road, like a bag was left at the grocery store that I didn’t discover until I started cooking.  The menu was changed slightly but no worries!  Then I accidentally put 7-Up in one punch when it was meant for the other.  Oh well, I didn’t let it get to me.

 

christmas open house

 

I made myself a promise this year that I wasn’t going to get overwhelmed and stressed out.  That is not the purpose of having this little get together.  It is to celebrate the season with our friends and family.

 

christmas open house

 

I told myself that instead of stressing to look at all the blessings that we have and just enjoy the Christmas season!  It’s a time for celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

 

christmas open house

 

It is a time to reflect back on the past year and acknowledge the blessings the He gave us!

 

christmas open house

 

It is a time to fellowship with family and friends!  To have a good time and a few laughs!

 

christmas open house

 

I think that was accomplished with this year’s Open House!  To see last year’s Open House, click here.

 

Wishing everyone a joyous and blessed Holiday Season!

Sharing with:

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters

Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

Let’s Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful spread, Tammy! Merry. Merry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT promise to make to yourself: not to get overwhelmed or stressed out! I'm with you, sister! This has been a very stressful year otherwise, so I don't need holiday stress lopped on top of all that! You even kept your cool when you left groceries at the market! That takes self control!!!

    I really like what you did with the light fixture in the dining room! How pretty! Everything looks wonderful, and I'm sure your efforts paid off. Merry Christmas to you, Tammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks perfect wether the behind-the-scenes wasn't. Love it Tammy and glad you got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks very festive and inviting. I am visiting for the first time from the party at WOW, and just became your newest follower. I would love for you to follow me back at maddiebellahome.blogspot.com I look forward to visiting your blog again and see your creativity at it's best.

    Happy Holidays!
    Betty (maddiebellahome)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good girl for not letting these things stress you out for your get together. We all worry about what is "supposed" to be perfect sometimes we miss the real point.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks lovely and the food looks delish! I bet it was a great party! Thanks for sharing with us at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food and table decorations look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~