Sunday, December 29, 2013

Top Post of 2013


top post
 
This is a list of my top posts for 2013 in no particular order.
 
 
The DIY oyster mirror has received quite a few compliments from guests!  This project was very inexpensive and easy but makes quite an impact.  To read more about how I made this mirror, click here.
 
 
I must say that this cleaner and polish has saved quite a few vintage finds for me this year!  It also works great on our white kitchen sink!  To see the amazing transformation of the Fiesta plate, click here.


This was something I threw together using what I had on hand and, boy, did it get attention out there in blog land!  Simple, rustic and sweet….perfect for Easter!  To see that post, click here.


This post featured the work from Charles Faudree!  He has designed some spectacular rooms!  To see more of his French Flair, click here.

 
The kitchen was painted a pretty gray with year with an emphasis on sprucing up the banquette area.  It’s amazing what a big difference a little paint can make!  To see the makeover, click here.
 

I have used this super easy technique on several projects around the house.  I love the texture that the shades bring to the room.  To see more, click here.

 
I love a bargain, but I don’t like to dig for it!  Once I realized that Dirt Cheap sold linens at “dirt cheap” prices, I was sold!  When a new shipment comes in, you can find me there, digging away!  Click here for some more information on the store and some great deals that I found!

 
In this post, I shared a great tip for pillow lovers like me!

 
I created this little vignette using Goodwill finds.  The mirror leaning behind the canvas is the before of the oyster mirror I shared at the top of the post.  To see more of the vignette, click here.
 
 
I am not a  fancy cook by any means!  I basically cook comfort foods and when I come across a recipe that is enjoyed by me and my family, I stick with it!  I have also found that some of the most searched for recipes are actually basic dishes.  There is a little more to cooking vegetables that just opening a can of heating it up!  This recipe is my family’s favorite way to prepare green beans.
 
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
The Scoop Link Party @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Top Projects of 2013 @ Southern Hospitality
January Before and After @ Thrifty Décor Chick 
 

5 comments:

  1. Great posts from this last year and I look forward to 2014. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of posts! Cheers to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had some beautiful ideas and pics this past year... I love visiting with you. Have a great New Year and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing posts like this in one place! Don't you? Those green beans look sooooo good! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful posts to look back to Tammy, so glad to have discovered you and your blog! CHEERS to 2013 and 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~